Multiple Intelligences

M.I Inventory

Identifying all intelligences . Aware that everyone has all intelligences which can be strengthened .

MI is not used to label learners .

Results of the test show that I am inclined towards being self smart - intra personal strength , then people smart - Interpersonal strength and wonder smart that is existential strength and next word smart - verbal strength .

What is my prefered learning style ?

The best learning style for me according to a recent test is Kinesthetic .

1. Like to get involved , hands on
2. Choose mainly on how they feel , the texture , the comfort
3. Like to memorise by doing something repeatedly
4. Like to talk it out while walking
5. Use phrases like - I need a concrete example , That feels right etc
6. Remember what was done , what it felt like
7. Use lots of hand movements , talk freely
8. Write it down - does it feel right ?
9. Remember the emotions
10. write notes


The advantage of this exercise was that once I am conscious of my students or clients distinct abilities and strengths and also I am aware of my own strengths and learning strategies , I can then incorporate different teaching startegies to maximise classroom understanding and potential .

I think I will be exhausted if I were to try teaching a concept in all different ways at a given time hence maybe I could concentrate on combining only two intelligences at a time or maximum three styles of intelligences weekly . I can rotate the approach and give every intelligence a chance .Helping a student identify their learning style will also give them confidence to tackle subjects at their own comfort level and will also show them the way to develop thinking skills

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.