Group Work

Whenever I think of my school days all I can remember is trying to listen and to understand.And there is so much silence.The few things that I can remember and cherish are the moments where I could participate or contribute.
Group work is a new concept for me.Group work gives the students a lot of space to learn.It helps the teacher to understand that it is the students who have to learn now.The teacher is there to just to guide them and support them.
It also emphasizes how the teachers have to allow the students to take all the glory and be the center of attention.
The kind of group work I enjoyed today in the session is the "think pair".I think this really helps the student because there is equal division of work.And also it gives the students a sense of responsibility and help them to channelize their thoughts.It also evokes their leadership qualities,the need to hear the other and also the thinking potential.

1 Comment/s:

Sojo Varughese said...

Whenever I give group work to children between age group 11-14, the learning will happen faster than my expectation but if I have to assess the same work and give marks based on their individual contribution I really break my head but after going through the Peer assessment sheet, the job became simpler. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.