Planning the program

I have changed many parts of the rough program and session plan as I found that the activities didn't always end up achieving the objectives that I had in mind . Plus the end-of-the-course skills were not really clear and concise . This brought about a whole new approach and I decided to start planning backwards . So now I am thinking of the whole aim of my program plan and what are its sub objectives . What do I want my students to achieve at the end of my course . It could be that I reinforce already established skills or I help teach new ones . In English if I want to develop their usage of the English language to a better level then I need to have one part of the components of the language - for e.g Writing traits as an ongoing skills - both formative and summative . Within this bracket I can build in difefrentiation and ask them to write paragraphs , essays , do note taking , fill up graphic organisers etc . Having planned these outcomes then gives clarity to shared goals from the point of you of the teacher , that's me and those of the students . Sharing objectives is very important as it I assume encourages the students to put their best foot forward and give me their best work . This then brings me to devising good assessments and also check learning and understanding . So then I design feedback forms . Once I ahve put these factors into place will I then make my lesson plan where I categorise the unit into topics and look at how best can i deliver and convey the concept of that particular topic . In English language I feel its a good idea to also share old stories and then build upon their understanding of the Blooms taxonomy levels . I am encouraged by this CIDTT activity and I think its a good idea to use it to make students aware that such a thing like high order thinking exists . I wont use the terms but I can always challenge the students who I feel are advanced and keep the low order questions for those who are yet to reach new levels . This will also be an indicator of my learners needs . I am just processing all these thoughts of mine .

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.