Reflecting on the past week classes

The past few days have brought about few changes . For me it has been to consider my learners requirements before I start a new session . What I learnt was how to see if my students are all ready for the level at which I would monitor that particular subject and also for that particular day . While i was teaching I remembered to think of how useful it would be in real life . I learnt that if the students can't make sense of what they are learning whether it is applicable or experiential or not - they lose interest immediately . Even adults are impatient and want instant results . I want my adult students to give me feedback so that I can review my style and content and make sure that my students understood what I taught . Earlier I taught them limited syllabus just enough for their basic application but TTF taught me how to raise the bar so to speak and encourage students to build upon previous knowledge . Even after the class is over I try and think of ways for betterment . TTF taught me to make learning an integral part . Some topics I found exciting but there were times when I felt that even though I worked hard on a lesson I would not be able to teach it well . Earlier I taught in a one-sided manner . Very little participation from the audience . I learnt the benefits of group work . Actually my adult students mentioned that they enjoyed the class better as they interacted with each other and found learning a fun activity . For me I learnt how to organise my time and my materials better . I am still figuring out how I will work MI and group work in the next classes . I have 2 adults who have newly joined and they will be also attending the same workshops next week . I plan to first get to know them individually through a short interview .

1 Comment/s:

Maya Menon said...

Have you considered what questions you should ask yourself and your learners - with regard to using MI and group work in your future classes. The Qs may give you a lead to how you should plan your sessions:-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.