Change in perspective

This is one of my favorite Subhashita , which literally means 'good speech', essence is given below:
" The knowledge that is in a book, the money that is with another person;
of what use are the two if they are not helpful in time of need;
if so, one can no longer call it knowledge or money ! "
This was the first thing that came to my mind after attending three sessions of the CIDTT course.
I have studied in a curriculum, where many things today, are redundant. The distance that was maintained between my teachers and me, I feel today, this would decrease my ability to communicate with my students. The last workshop I attended-Designing effective programme plans- was a two-fold learning for me. I learnt ,
i) how to plan my class effectively for the limited time period allotted.
ii)I realised how I can teach the concept to my learners and also assess them in the same session.

Much before planning my sessions, Ratan's workshop made me realise that all my learners are not the same. They have different intelligences -Multiple Intelligence. This made me observe the class I teach more carefully. I noticed that one of my learner,who not very good at learning English, solved multiplication problems so fast that I loved watching him solve more problems for just the speed with which he did. This tells me that I should not teach my learners the same way I learn. I need to accommodate most of my learners ' abilities in every session that I teach.

The meaning of the Subhashita, which I have at the beginning tells me that my learning experience with CIDTT will be like the knowledge that I can use in any walk of my life.

1 Comment/s:

Sojo Varughese said...

wow, that is a profound reflection smitha, good keep it up

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.