Blooms Taxonomy

HOW TO USE BLOOMS TAXONOMY?

I am writing about what I have understood so far however I would appreciate someone to verify this understanding. We are now at a stage where we are learning about assessment It is therefore vital that I know that I am comprehending this part properly.

I understood that Blooms taxonomy is a list of intellectual levels that motivate teachers to help children move from low order to high order thinking and to train their minds so that they can develop tools for critical thinking .
Building on knowledge and helping kids begin to apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate is the key to helping them grow .
Since the taxonomy is displayed as a pyramid, I would start at the base and work my way up. Having my students work through the levels of the taxonomy would help them to familiarize themselves with the materials I present in my future instructional units, going from basic activities to more advanced ones.

My question is – Will I cover Blooms Taxonomy – pyramid across the number of class sessions or can I use them in one class and if so how? I need more clarity on this .

My question – When I question my students is it ok to mix up the knowledge as well as the evaluation level questions? I feel this is good as I can gauge my students understanding better as some students maybe capable of evaluating while others maybe just on the comprehension levels . This is great for me as I can vary my instructional levels accordingly . What do you think ?

I think believing in my students is also crucial . I need to also raise the levels . If I have low expectations of them then I don’t think I will go up the Blooms intellectual ladder . I will have to take the time and practice a lot as grading lower levels is much easier . Grading assignments based on high level thinking is time consuming but I am sure I will find Rubrics important for quick. fair and accurate grading.

Please comment on this thought .

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.