Planning with clarity

I have spent time reviewing my plans again and again . I have solved many issues . My plan now has activites that are married up neatly to the aims and objectives . Every session has specific objectives and the assessment tools like rubrics , graphic organisers , self-checklists etc are part of the formative assessment . What I have done is that for every Write trait I first teach and introduce the concept and then have them display their understanding and then take a formative at the end of that topic . There are altogether 6 write traits so I also ahve planned activities that combine two or three write traits . The 6 write traits are Ideas , Voice , Word choice , Organisation , Sentence Fluency and Conventions . Conventions is a fancy name that comprises of Punctuation , spellings and grammar .
Why did I choose write traits ? Well Since the IB course is thematic and my teaching practice is temporary ( spanning 12 sessions ) , I had to adapt my lesson plans in such a way that it doesn't clash with the existing Lesson plans of the school . Earlier I was trying to integrate Language with the thematic module but now I have found the best solution . I would like to do something that can support the existing curriculum and facilitate new learning through Language and to make the students comfortable I can set a few activites in their theme . So although my program plan is different from that of the School it still has partial thematic elements namely Child rights and responsibilities is the unit of inquiry for 4th graders . I decided to come up with the most basic of skills . To teach them the writing process . The Writing process has 6 write traits . This way I am encouraged and motivated to step out of my comfort zone , teach new concepts that mind you will be the right crutch for Langauge effectiveness and whatever they learn it will help them apply their ideas thematically as well . I am also nervous , anxious , excited all at the same time . I find Lesson planning gives me a mental image and I can visualise how my class might progress . But then again - visualising and day dreaming is one thing and putting this plan in action is quite another story ! Keeping my fingers crossed .

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.