4th Grade English - Revised Plan

As you can see earlier I was thinking about the content . I thought it would be great to test this pattern and so I visited the school where I will be doing my teaching practice . The IB school gave me a theme namely Rights and responsibilities and I have to develop the aims and objectives . I was also informed that Grammar is not done in the traditional manner . So I have to develop language skills along the way without giving grammar specifics . I can still retain the idea of introducing regular writing in some form or the other . Another observation was that I would have to plan the content levels keeping in my that the new students have just entered 4th grade which means I have to keep the levels of a third grader in mind in the initial classes and then raise the levels slowly . Since the children will already be having an on-going school regular class with their English teacher I feel i need to design my plan in such a way that they associate a particular pattern with me. I don't want my classes to clash with the regular ones . So therefore i think it is a good idea to go and meet my learners or atleast observe them prior to actual teaching . I also want some kind of a stamp , my individual style which will help students relate to me better and they can then associate something e.g particular activities or styles etc with me solely . I think this is important because then they won't have problems tuning into me immediately when i take a class . I have yet to talk about a time table but ideally i would prefer a gap between each session so that I get time to think about the class and all the rights and wrongs of the practice itself . It was indeed wonderful meeting my mentor . I definately gained from all the valuable inputs . I am now spending time finding songs , videos , articles , books etc to see which one of these resources are the best way to convey the various learnings i want the chikdren to benefit from . For 4th grade the main title is Rights and Responsibilties so I also get to at this stage think about the various aims and objectives . I am finding this part time consuming as I feel that having too many objectives is not possible to fulfil in a given session . Maybe i can do justice to one or two objectives and work towards the main aim . I want to keep simple objectives which can be measured and fulfilled . I want to go for quality and not pack in too much . Apart from the materials and list of resources I think I will visit the school to see how well i can get to know my future learners .

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.