Group work in Math classroom





Initially the chairs and desk in my classroom was arranged as rows and columns. I thought this would be ideal for my students to learn better. But after my classes with TTF I realised that if students were seated in groups they learn better. So I rearranged the chairs and tables as group of four. Initially I had lot of issues as my students complained that they were not comfortable with this new arrangement. I was very disappointed with my change in seating arrangement in class. But to my surprise when I started with revision work for the final exam I noticed a drastic change in my class where there was lot of discussion happening in each group and they started learning better and participated well in class. They had fun learning in group as they discussed the solutions to math problem to each others in group. There was also healthy competition among students whoever completed the work had to come first to the board to give the final solution. When the answers were not matching with the rest of the group I used to explain the concept again to the whole class. Now I realised group work is always better.

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.