Reasonable Success!

During the past two weeks I was involved in an interesting experiment! I divided my class of 24 Chemistry students into five groups and assigned them each a topic from the chapter 'Water' for presentation and a short work sheet at the end of the presentation.I took care to form a heterogenous group of differing intelligence to ensure a good synergy. Each presentation took something between twenty to twenty five minutes and a brief worksheet of about ten to twelve minutes. The worksheet was answered by the members of the other four groups individually.The involvement of the teams was total and infectious.The students said they had lots of fun preparing the presentation and lots more fun preparing the worksheet to really test their class mates mettle!!!!!!.Each group corrected their tests.At the end of it I had four sets of marks and a fund of questions.
The proof of the experiment came when I administered a worksheet on the whole chapter the class presented in parts. Reasonably good success! ( Even if I say so!!!!!!) Planning on an encore on some other topic next term.

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.