Day 2 Reflecting

Self-reflection - This is what I learnt today .
To give instructions only when the whole class is quiet. Best to get them on the floor for their undivided attention. If I talk over the students, they will ignore me . Also, some groups were waiting today as I went to each group to give them the words. In another classroom with easily distracted students, I might face discipline issues. It might be a good idea to give them something small to focus on while I come around.
Good setting of expectation by asking students to raise hands before I
answer them.
Giving them a time countdown '___many mins left' was a good way of making them aware of the passage of time and giving them a chance to close activity.
Differentiation was well planned -but I need to be more subtle as many support students are embarrased that other students are aware of their lower level worksheets. I may make diff group and subtly create a group of all support students. That way I have them all in one area and they feel freer. Also, as I am getting to know the children, I can raise the level of the engagements.
They are enjoying the learning:)and even I am learning so much :)

0 Comment/s:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. We value your comments, feedback and questions on this post. Please feel free to share your views.